God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

3/24/2006

A boat ride on the Sea of Galilee...

Sorry it's taken me a while to post some pictures from our trip...I think I'm finally back to normal after the jet lag! I'm waking up a lot earlier in the mornings now, which is a good thing! I've been trying to do that for years!

I will just highlight a few things from our trip. I'll probably post more about it in future entries.

One of my favorite moments was our early morning boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. It was a chilly, cloudy morning, and our group of 25 boarded a small boat owned by a Messianic Jew, called "The Jesus Boat." After setting sail, he played worship songs over the boat's speaker system. As we sailed on the peaceful water, I sat and gazed out to sea while "Shout to the Lord" and "Draw Me Close," among other songs, played in the background. I thought about all that had happened in that place -- Jesus walking on the water and Peter attempting to do the same; the disciples fishing there and miraculously catching so much fish their boat almost sank; Jesus calming the storm with a word. I was so moved and thankful that I know Him now, so many thousands of years later, and that I had the privilege of being in that place to worship Him!

Here's me on the boat:














A picture of the sea and the clouds:














The Israeli flag flying on the mast:















More memories and pictures to come!

6 comments:

Anna H. said...

Thanks for sharing some of your pictures and memories, Sarah. I look forward to LOTS more! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I quite agree that the boat ride on the Sea of Galilee was an amazing deal. At our last meeting on the trip, you shared a little about it, how it was devotional and a great time to talk to God. I had a very good talk with Him. Ya know, I have a sort of "strange" relationship with God. I think of Him as my best friend, though I respect Him very very much. I talk to Him as though He was one of my buds and I use slang. I don't think that's wrong, do you? I mean, I have a very strong relationship with Him, I respect Him to the greatest extent, and I listen to what He has to say. It's just a different relationship that what most "normal Christians" have. And I don't see a problem with that.
Josh also appeared to have a devotional time on the boat ride.
Anyway, I'll stop taking up all the comment space on your blog!

Love,

Colleen

Sarah said...

Colleen, I think it's great that you talk to God like He's one of your closest friends, and I think that should be what is "normal" for most Christians! It's too bad that some people feel they need to be only formal with Him. He wants to be our best friend! So I would say it's not strange at all! :-)

Jenn said...

Very cool. That must have been an amazing trip.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Thanks! I like having a "best friend" type relationship with God! You're right, most Christians are too formal with Him, especially on Sundays when they dress up super fancy, but dress normally the rest of the week. I mean, Sunday isn't the only day we're supposed to worship Him, right? If we worship Him every day, then we should dress up every day, right? Well, I'm not fond of dressing up, so I don't when I go to church, because God doesn't care what you look like when you worship Him, as long as you're decent (not dressing inappropriately). And it's funny that some Christians even sing that song, "Come, Now is the Time To Worship" which as the lyrics, "Come, just as you are, to worship" in it. The "just as you are" part can mean either as a non-Christian repenting, or someone who doesn't have much to wear, just wearing what they have. So that's why I don't think it's neccessary to dress up for church, though other people may look down on you for not being like "everyone else." I don't care what anyone thinks except for God. His opinion is the only one that matters.

Of course, all of that is just my opinion.

And I'm sorry for taking up a ton of blog space again!

Love,

Colleen

PS The beautiful rug that you and Andrew bought me in Turkey arrived today! I'll write more detail about it in an email when I have a chance.

PPS Sorry for not emailing in a while!

Suzanne said...

I can really picture it. What a cool experience...to be where Jesus was and see the sights He saw. Wow.