God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

10/25/2006

The Love of God

As a writer, I love this last verse of the hymn "The Love of God" --


Could we with ink the ocean fill,












And were the skies of parchment made,












Were every stalk on earth a quill,












And every man a scribe by trade,


















To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

5 comments:

Anna H. said...

It's very inspiring to read those verses with the pictures to bring them to life. Hey, you need to check out my blog, I added lots new pictures (of course, they're all of Ben! :-)).

Sarah said...

Oooh, fun! I'm headed that way now!

(And I'm glad my idea to put pictures with the verse had the intended effect!)

Sarah said...

By the way, Nate took those first two pictures!

Anonymous said...

Very special, Sarah! I heard some girls sing this same song at church on Sunday...it was so beautiful..I had never heard it before but recognised the lyrics from your blog, so I was thinking of you :) Great pics Nate!!


Love, Ali xx

Suzanne said...

I love this hymn, especially the Steve Green version!