God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

5/17/2006

I bought a robot!

Yes, I have moved into the era of the Jetsons with my own personal household robot...

Well, it's only a robotic vaccum cleaner, but still!

Meet Rover, my new Roomba Red from the iRobot Corporation (this isn't Rover himself, just one of his many look-alikes):




















Rover will vacuum my floors for me while I work on the computer or do laundry or read. Just push his buttons and he's off!

Rover can sense when a spot is extra dirty and he spends more time in that area...he also has a sensor that keeps him from falling down stairs (although we have no stairs in our house, so that's not an issue for us). He covers a lot of ground, and has little side sweepers to get dust and debris from along the wall's edges. He's not too noisy...definitely not as loud as a regular vacuum cleaner!

My cats aren't quite sure what to think about this new addition to the family, but they tolerate him; as long as he isn't heading straight towards them!

Now if only they'd make a robot that could clean my bathroom for me...

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

That's wild! Does Rover do carpets or just hard floors?

Sarah said...

He does carpets, too! But carpet fringe and deep shag carpet would be hard for him...thankfully I don't have either!