God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

9/26/2006

God's Amazing Friendship Glue!

Some of my dearest friends are women I never would have guessed I could have a heart connection with. But God has a wonderful way of bringing friends into my life, and He has done it again recently.

I am from Oregon. Natasha is from Ukraine. I am not yet a mother. She has two beautiful daughters (I was privileged to be with her this past Sunday when she gave birth to her youngest). Our backgrounds and upbringings are totally dissimilar. But God, in His wisdom and plan, applied His friendship glue to our hearts, and she has come to be a very dear friend -- more like a sister.

Natasha commented recently that she never thought she could have such a close friendship with an American, because of the cultural differences (she's only been in the States for three years). I replied that we may have different cultures, but we have the same Spirit. Come to think of it, I guess He is the glue that connects our hearts!

Here's a picture of Natasha and me:















I am so thankful for ALL of my dear friends around the country (and even overseas) that God has chosen, in His infinite wisdom, to "stick my heart to." They are treasures, and I am a rich woman, indeed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...Sarah, that's wonderful! It is very amazing how God can bring us close to people that we never imagined we would be close to. For me, it seems like it's the opposite: I always end up thinking I'm close to someone, and then God shows me that they aren't the right person to be close to. But I do have wonderful friends who are close, like you! :)

I miss you a lot! How's the weather down there in sunny California? It's half-sunny/half-rainy up here in Oregon. I love the weather here. It's always so refreshing.

Wishing you joy and happiness,

Your friend,

~Colleen <3 :)

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, Sarah. :)
Natasha is blessed to be your friend just as I am. I thank God for you!

You and Natasha both look gorgeous by the way!

Love ali xx

Sarah said...

Colleen ~ Now that it's October, we are starting to get some cool weather! I'm looking forward to it, and I do miss the Oregon autumn...I love those "crisp" fall days! And I'm glad we're friends, too!

Ali ~ Aww, thanks! I praise God for your friendship, too!

Wrye Family said...

You have such a beautiful heart, (((Sarah))), I thank God that you allow Him to mold you in such a beautiful treasure of His:) That is how His glue works well, when, like you said, we share Him, His Love!
Love,
Miriam
PS I hope you don't mind but I save the link to this blog from mine.