God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

11/14/2006

Fa la la la la, la la la la!

I couldn't help it...I gave in early this year! My favorite Christmas songs have made their way into my daily listening repertoire, and my head is full of visions of sleigh rides, chestnuts roasting on open fires, and of course, a silent, holy night in a little town called Bethlehem.

I used to wait until after Thanksgiving, but now it's more like the beginning of November. So I get two whole months of Christmas music! And I love it!

How about you? Are you listening to Christmas music yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, Sarah, I am into Christmas music already as well. I'm in "Holiday Magic Breakfast Theater" at a theater in Lake Oswego, OR. This show is a musical revue where I (and a bunch of other high schoolers) dress up as Disney characters (and other standard characters) and sing Disney and Christmas songs. I have songs like "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and "Jingle Bell Rock" stuck in my head, as well as "Hanukah Song" and "Haul Out the Holly." Unfortunately, there are no songs that directly sing about Christ's birth or the Nativity story at all. The only song even close to Christianity is "This Little Light of Mine." But otherwise, it's mostly Disney songs, half of which aren't even Christmas-like. But there are a few Christmas songs, so those get stuck in my head.

Unfortunately, I have to sing "When You Wish Upon A Star," which is a song I really dislike. It's such a dumb song! I mean, it's too fairy-tale-istic, and fantasy-land-like (I just made those words up, heehee). I don't like the lyrics of the song, and the tune is pretty annoying. But I'm still having fun! :)

Love,

Colleen <3 <><

Anna H. said...

Definitely!!! To me November and December are all one big holiday season. One month is too short a time to listen to Christmas music. Nate found a "Sounds of the Season" station on our cable, so I have it going most of the day. :-)

Suzanne said...

I love that! K-Light had a Christmas music weekend a couple of weeks ago, and I indulged. Ah. I haven't broken out my own Christmas CDs yet, but I have listened to some Christmas music on my I-Tunes at work. I agree with Anna: One month is just not long enough for Christmas music!