God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

8/26/2006

From a distance...

One of my dear friends lives in a country on the other side of the world. She celebrated a birthday this past week, and because I did not plan ahead well enough to send her a package in the mail, I pondered what else I could do for her besides sending an e-card. Then I thought, why not send her flowers? In this day and age of the Internet, it should be as simple as a few clicks of the mouse! So I promptly went online, found the website of a florist in her country, and ordered a beautiful bunch of daisies to be delivered on her special day. (It even cost half as much as sending flowers to a friend two states away, and the bouquet is bigger, too!)

Here's my friend holding her gift -- she told me that it really made her day. I'm so thankful for the technology that allows me to bless a friend half a world away!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's really cool, Sarah! I should keep that in mind for YOUR birthday! (by the way, when is it?) :-)

I hope my letter got to you successfully--I sent it about a week ago or so!

I miss you a lot, and the reason I haven't emailed you in a while is because I want to send you letters, so I've kind of taken a break from email again. I mean, I am allowed to use it whenever I want, but I don't really want to.

Well, I love/miss you!!!!

Love,

Colleen

Anna H. said...

That was quite thoughtful of you, Sarah. I'm sure your friend was extremely blessed. You are a good friend (and sister)! :-)

Sarah said...

Colleen, I did get your letter. Thanks! My birthday is January 14th -- when's yours?

Anonymous said...

You are right Anna!! I was EXTREMELY blessed :) I still can't believe it....You are truely wonderful Sarah!!!

Love you and thanks again! xoxox
BTW, Funny pic with my head chopped of LOL The other one I sent was better haha

Sarah said...

LOL, I wanted to respect your privacy, my dear! ;-)

Jenn said...

Cool idea... How interesting that it was cheaper than sending it in the States!

Gioietta said...

That is so sweet! I am so glad you thought about that. I know you blessed her so much. I will try and remember that as well! I keep forgetting all that you can do through the internet these days.