God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

4/12/2008

Splash!

Today we drove over to the new house to check on progress (it's coming along slowly but surely - we're hoping to move in the first week of May; even though the whole house won't be done yet, the side with the most important rooms, like the kitchen and our bedroom and bathroom, will be). While we were there, we decided to clean the pool (turning on the filters and vacuum for a while, and skimming off all the leaves and bugs floating on top). Once the pool was clean, Andrew and I decided to dip our feet in the water for a bit -- it was in the mid-80s here today, so quite warm! The water in the pool is still pretty chilly, but after a few minutes our feet got used to it and it felt quite refreshing!

A little later, I was trying to convince Nate that he should dip his feet in the pool too, since it felt so nice. But he didn't seem interested. We were sitting at a table on the patio, and I had my back to him, watching Andrew skim the pool. Next thing I know, Nate comes running past me and jumps into the pool, shorts and t-shirt and all (for a second I thought he was going to push Andrew in)!

So Nate was the first one of us to officially swim in the new pool...he looked like he was having such a fun time going off the diving board, and it looked so refreshing... Andrew was sweaty from being in the sun cleaning the pool, so we convinced him that he should go for a little swim, too. (I was not dressed appropriately, and we were planning to go shopping afterwards, so I didn't join in the fun!)

Here's Nate explaining how it all went down and doing a re-enactment, then a video of Andrew jumping in the first time (pardon my little shriek when the water almost hit the camera), and a few pictures! (If you're reading this post via e-mail and can't view the videos, you'll need to go to the blog itself to see them!)





Thanking the Lord today for beautiful, sunny weather, a refreshing pool, and a relaxing afternoon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sarah, that was soo refreshing, thanks for all your postings I always enjoy them, and thank God for you!

Melissa said...

Looked like fun! On Saturday as well, according to our outdoor thermometer, it warmed up to 85 in the sun (73 in shade) up here...we were shocked. It was a nice break from the cold and rain.

Sarah said...

Glad you guys got some warmth, too! Today it's cloudy and breezy and a bit chilly outside here!

Anna H. said...

Saturday was really nice and warm here too. Oh! Sarah! I can't wait to splash with you guys and the boys in your pool. Thanks for the videos. They made me smile. :-)

Jenn said...

Wow, nice pool!

Cathy said...

You guys are going to have so many great memories in your backyard!