God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

4/29/2008

Weekend Fun


Andrew and I spent the weekend in Napa, California, attending an event with Strategic Renewal, one of the ministries I volunteer for. The former pastor of our church, Daniel Henderson, is the President of Strategic Renewal, and it was great for Andrew and I to be able to spend some time with him and his wife, Rosemary, while at the event. They are a great encouragement to us! We were in a beautiful location, surrounded by wonderful people, and able to spend quality time worshiping the Lord and being reminded of why this ministry is so worthy of our support!

After the event ended on Sunday afternoon, Andrew and I drove to the nearby town of Calistoga to see California's Old Faithful Geyser. Every 20-40 minutes it erupts, shooting a stream of hot water high into the sky for a few minutes. It was pretty cool! Here's a video:


There were also some animals at the same location...goats, sheep, and llamas. Here's a video of me interacting with some of them!



We had a relaxing drive home, thankful for the chance to spend a few fun days together exploring some places we'd never been before!


(Don't worry...that's not a working well! The bottom of the well is level with the ground!)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

It's always fun to get away from routine. Glad you could do it!

Anna H. said...

Whoa, you're brave! Don't llamas spit? :-) I'm glad that you and Andrew were able to spend some quality time together.