God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

4/21/2006

While we still have the chance...

I came across this quote yesterday:

"Do not keep the alabaster boxes of your love and tenderness sealed up until your friends are dead. Fill their lives with sweetness. Speak approving, cheering words while their ears can hear them and while their hearts can be thrilled by them." ~ Henry Ward Beecher

I strive to live my life like this, to let my friends know how much they mean to me. I love that line in the quote about filling their lives with sweetness. That's my goal!

My mom recently lost her best friend of 30 years to cancer. In reality, we don't know when our last day on earth will be. We should make the most of each day, never missing out on an opportunity to tell our loved ones that they are loved! Think of all the things you would say about your friend if you were asked to give a euology at his or her funeral. Why not put those things in writing and send them to that friend today (speaking of them in the present tense, of course)? Your friend will be thrilled, and the Lord will be pleased at your expression of love!

I'm so thankful to God for my friends!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

great thoughts... nice photos! That's a nice arrangement in a square like that.

Sarah said...

Thanks, Jenn! I used the Google software Picasa, which arranges the photos you pick into a grid for you!

Anonymous said...

Great quote!

Anonymous said...

I met Suzanne on Saturday! I got to hear the story about how you and your husband got together . . . that's an awesome story!

Anonymous said...

No, wait, sorry! It was your sister's story that she told! How your sister married her brother. There we go. I'm confused!! My mistake.

Sarah said...

I figured that was probably it! :-)

Jenn said...

Interesting, I've never heard of Picasa. I'll have to check it out.