God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

7/28/2006

Have you heard of these countries?

Andrew and I were looking at a world map today, and I noticed so many countries that we never hear anything about on the news (to be honest, some of them I don't remember ever hearing about before in my life)... Thankfully we have the Internet, so we can learn all about these "mystery countries" if we choose!

Oman, Eritrea, Central African Republic, Gabon, Mali, Togo, Benin, Mauritania, Bhutan, Myanmar, Macedonia, Tunisia...

I just thought it was interesting that apparently there's nothing happening in these countries (and some of them are pretty large) that would make them "newsworthy" in the eyes of the American press. How strange that, before this evening, I really had no concept of these countries; yet all the years I've been living my life here in America, people have been living, loving, and dying in each one of these countries. It doesn't matter if I knew they existed or not. A simple, obvious thought, but one that is making me "ponder" this evening...

4 comments:

Anna H. said...

I've heard of eight of those countries before. Where have you been, Sarah? Just kidding! I only heard of Oman from being in the Middle East.

Suzanne said...

Very interesting! I have heard of most of them through Child Evangelism Fellowship (which is in 143 countries). They have a pray through the world book, and there are Good News Clubs held in most of these countries!

Anne said...

I've heard of them all but Gabon. I've even been to one of them. Really want ot visit them all....

Anonymous said...

Gabon, Mauritania, Bhutan, and Tunsia don's ring a bell, but the rest do. Thank the Lord for geography, one of my favorite subjects, though I haven't gone in depth.