God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

12/20/2006

Christians and Entertainment

I came across this great article at a blog I stumbled upon today. The author (another Sarah!) expressed my thoughts so well on this subject that I am just going to link to her post. What are your thoughts?
_________________________________________________

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY GENERATION?

What’s happening to my generation? (Long pause for thought) Our society has become a wicked society, like the days of old, like those mentioned in the Bible, like Sodom and Gomorrah, and like the wicked nations God wiped off the earth. Many young people constantly poison their minds and their spirits with lust and evil thoughts, evil entertainment. Where anything goes as long as it’s labeled “art” or “a movie.” Do Christians no longer know how to discern between good and evil? ...click here to keep reading

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks, Sarah, for the encouragement! I appreciate your comment. :-) God bless you too!

Ashleigh said...

Sarah, it's a small world. I know Suzanne and found your blog through her blog, and the Sarah you're linking to here is my sister. Funny, huh? :-)

By the way, I really like the layout of your blog -- with all the books -- as well as your blog's description.

Sarah said...

Ashleigh, thanks for your kind comments on my blog layout!

Your sister seems like a really sweet girl -- it is a small world here in the blogosphere! ;-)

Thanks for stopping by!

Gioietta said...

This is a topic that has come up pretty strongly lately. My views have 'changed,' definetly since I have become more of a committed follower, and since I have moved from Italy. And recently I have been more convicted of how I need to keep things away from my home and eyes. Not too mention that entertainment is a drug, something that dulls us, it can become something we are addicted to and waste our time on. (like the internet for me, even if all I look up is usually sites that speak of faith and being authentic Christians!).
However, I find myself feeling afraid of becoming fundamentalist and losing love and grace for the 'treasured' lost people that fuel such evil entertainment. I don't want to take part of it, but how do I still be open to truly love and be a blessing to those people, giving them space to show their truly empty and aching hearts?
This obviously goes beyond just talking about the negative of our entertainment today.
Sorry I wrote so much. You asked what my thought is and there I go on a tangent!

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Miriam!

"I don't want to take part of it, but how do I still be open to truly love and be a blessing to those people, giving them space to show their truly empty and aching hearts?"

That's a great question, and I wonder that sometimes myself. Let's keep praying and asking the Lord to show us how to best love the world without being like it!