God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

12/24/2005

I guess I can read his mind!

Andrew went outside this afternoon to load his stuff into his SUV. I was checking e-mail in my office. A few moments later, he came walking in with his hands behind his back.

Andrew: Guess what I found?

Me: Um...a package?

Andrew (a bit disappointed that I guessed so quickly): OK, three guesses who it's from.

Me: I don't know! (Pausing for a few seconds.) Anna?

Andrew (looking a bit shocked and then laughing): Did you see it?

Me: No!

Andrew (setting the package from my sister Anna on my desk): Were you expecting a package from Anna?

Me: No.

Andrew walks away, laughing in disbelief that I guessed correctly on the first try.

3 comments:

Karl said...

Sounds like exactly the Andrew I knew when we went to the Ukraine together. ;)

Suzanne said...

Could be the sisterly connection! Yesterday, after seeing my jacket on the floor and thinking it was our old cat Kitter (she passed away in February), I voiced aloud, "Do you ever see something lying around and think it's Kitter?"

Sarah said,"No way! I just had a thought that that jacket was Kitter!"

Spooky!

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's pretty funny. I bet Andrew was disappointed that you guessed so quickly! :-) You must have a sister intuition type thing. Haha. That made me smile (my day's a little rough today).

~Colleen :-)