God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

1/23/2006

I have a confession to make.

My Christmas tree is still up.

Yes, it's almost a month after Christmas, and the tree is still there in the corner of the living room. It's an artificial tree, so I don't have to worry about it drying out and shedding its needles everywhere.

Why is it still up? Well, I just haven't gotten around to taking it down yet. There's always something else to do.

It's been there for so long that it seems like part of the living room decor now...it's going to look empty in that corner when I take it down!

It would save me some work next Christmas if I just left it up all year! Hmmmm....

No, I don't think I'd be able to endure the strange looks from people visiting my home in June or July and seeing the Christmas tree, all sparkly and bright, standing in the corner.

No, I will have to take it down this week.

Confession over.

9 comments:

Karl said...

Hehe!

Anna H. said...

Cute, Sarah. I like your tree, though. :-) It totally goes with your living room (and kitchen) colors. :-)

Megan said...

HEY, it happens! I, too, love Christmas & hate to take the tree down. But if I don't do it after New Year's ~ I'm tempted to leave it til March!

Looks beautiful, Sarah!

Suzanne said...

Funny! I heard of some people who left their tree up until Valentine's Day. But then it would be reddish-brown and they'd decorate it with red and pink tinsel. Of course, that only works with a live tree...and I don't even want to think about the fire danger!

Sarah said...

Yeah, if this were a live tree it would have been out the door a long time ago!

I'm planning to take it down today. Really!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!
So is it still there?? ;o)
love ali xx

Sarah said...

Oh Ali, you caught me! (Embarrassed grin)

At least I've stopped turning the lights on!

I REALLY do hope to take it down next week... :-)

Sarah said...

For anyone still checking comments on this post...

The Christmas tree has been put away!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! That's so funny. I totally understand about stuff like that, I'm a real procrastinator (I think I spelled that wrong). Yeah, I wouldn't be able to endure strange looks either. :-) Lol!

Love,

Colleen