God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

1/17/2006

Surprised after all...

When I discovered that Andrew was flying my family down for my birthday, I assumed that they were coming on Sunday morning. On Saturday evening, Andrew and I left home to "go out for dinner together," but first he stopped by the grocery store to buy something while I waited in the car. Then we drove on a little further; I had no idea where we were going. Then he got a phone call and said that he needed to go back to the house to fax something to one of his company's drivers, and that it couldn't wait. We got back to our house (we had been gone about 25 minutes at that point) and he asked me if I wanted to come in with him. I said I'd just wait for him in the car. He came back out about a minute later and said he thought one of our cats had "made a mess" in the living room, so I figured I should go in and clean it up, since we'd be having company the next day.

When I got inside, everyone jumped out and yelled, "Surprise!" I saw Andrew's family, my family (who had flown in that evening), and some friends of ours. I was truly surprised that my party was at my own house! And I was very glad I had cleaned the place up!

I had a WONDERFUL weekend with my family. It was so cool for the four of us siblings to just hang out, and for all of us to enjoy the togetherness that we rarely get to experience anymore with us living so far away. We made a lot of good memories this weekend. They flew back to Oregon last night. I miss them!

And by the way, being 30 isn't that bad!

For more great pictures and my sister Anna's description of the weekend, visit her blog by clicking on "Anna and Matt's Page" under my links!

Here's Andrew and me with the beautiful birthday cake my mother-in-law made, and my whole family after church on Sunday (minus my sister's husband):

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy 30th! I'm glad you had a good birthday. What a special memory!

Anna H. said...

I'm SO glad that we were able to visit you, and to surprise you after all!! :-) I love you, Sarah!!!

Jenn said...

Welcome to the 30's Sarah! That cake is perfect for you!

Karl said...

Congratulations on being 30.

Its so cool to have a family visit–and aren't mothers-in-law the coolest? :D

Sarah said...

Yes, my mother-in-law is awesome! Glad you have a good one, too! ;-)

merry said...

Your surprise sounds like so much fun! What a sweet DH!

Happy birthday, a few days late!

Megan said...

Sarah,

Happy Birthday! I am so glad you had such a wonderful surprise!

Megan

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to see your pictures after hearing all about your beautiful surprise! What a wonderful cake!!
Love you dear friend!
Ali xo