God is the Author of my life's story, and I'm excited to see what He has in store as each new chapter unfolds. I don't yet know the ending, but I trust that it will be better than I ever imagined! I invite you to read along...

Pages

10/25/2005

I had a wonderful weekend!

There's nothing quite like a beautiful fall day in the Northwest...and I was blessed to experience one last Saturday!

I had flown into Portland that morning. The sun was shining; the weather was mild. So we decided to take a drive to the Vista House at Crown Point (http://www.vistahouse.com/photos.html). It's often quite windy there, hence the nickname we always called it in our family: The Windy House. I've been there on days when you could practically lean backwards and not fall over because the wind holds you up! But this day, there was barely a breeze. It was perfectly lovely, with patches of blue sky and puffy white clouds overhead, and the beautiful Columbia River Gorge in the background...(deep sigh). We ate frozen fruit bars from the little concession stand, and climbed the stairs to the top of the building for the best view! Here is a photo of me with my parents:




Later that evening, we visited our alma mater in Portland (Multnomah Bible College), where Anna's husband, Matt, played in an alumni basketball game against the current team. The alumni team lost, but they had fun trying!

On Sunday, after church, I visited two friends in Vancouver (Washington, where my sister lives). It was nice to see both Irina and Galina again! Sunday evening, my parents and my aunt and uncle came to Anna's house for dinner, and after everyone left, Anna and I settled down with home-brewed decaf lattes and home-baked shortbread to watch Sense and Sensibility -- that is such a great "sister" movie, and I loved watching it with my sister!

Of course, one of the highlights of the trip was getting to see and play with Benjamin, my adorable nephew who is now four months old. Here's a cute shot I snapped of him in the car:


Monday morning came all too quickly, and it was back to Sacramento. But we will be in the Northwest again in November to spend Thanksgiving week with them, so I have that to look forward to!

I thank the Lord for my family, and especially for such a special friend and sister as Anna!

1 comment:

Anna H. said...

Aw, you make me blush and smile. Your words are too kind. :-) It was great having you here, and we look forward to Thanksgiving! Love ya!